Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why no Tesla @ NY Auto Show? Even Karma showed up.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I enjoy going to the annual NY auto show and this year featured a lot of EV/plug in hybrid vehicles, including Karma with its gimmicky solar roof. I knew Tesla would be a no show but why? Even their cars sell by itself, it would be nice to show up and show off the Model 3 or the Roadster!

I enjoy going to the annual NY auto show and this year featured a lot of EV/plug in hybrid vehicles, including Karma with its gimmicky solar roof. I knew Tesla would be a no show but why? Even their cars sell by itself, it would be nice to show up and show off the Model 3 or the Roadster!
With 500K reservations, the last thing Elon needs right now is more orders! Trying to get the model 3 ramp to where it should be is more important than spending the effort to get any Tesla to a car show.

• Love
Reactions: Brando and MP3Mike
And yet, Tesla was at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto in February. And yes, that's mostly run by the local dealers. Tesla had a small booth in the "interesting products" area, not on the main show floor - but they were there with an S, X, and a 3.

• Love
Reactions: Brando
Strange they didn't have it in NY. They had an exhibit in L.A. I went to in December and I believe they were in a show in Canada last month as well.

Even with 500k reservations, I'm sure Elon wouldn't mind being at 600k,700k, 800k... They also wouldn't mind selling more S's and X's. Tesla also was showcasing their solar roofs and Powerwall at the show.

Best guess is that the NY show rental fee for Tesla is considerably more than other shows.

Reactions: Krugerrand