Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why so many new inventory cars with under 50 miles ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In south FL area, inventory shows '22s and '23s available.
The '22s are listed as demo's, the '23s as new with under 50 miles.
I tried calling for info but on hold so long I hung up.
I'm wondering if the '23s are rejects due to imperfections, or why would they be in inventory.
It's not like it's the end of the quarter.
I called to see if I could arrange to drive down to Miami to view the car without placing an online deposit.
I emailed the store but still no reply maybe due to the holiday weekend?
These are model Y cars.
Does anyone know if I do place a deposit then the car has issues, can I reject it and get my deposit
refunded, or will that take Tesla a few months to complete?
Problem is, it seems there are at least 3 service centers in Miami, and no way to know where
the car I'm interested in is located.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I do place a deposit then the car has issues, can I reject it and get my deposit
refunded, or will that take Tesla a few months to complete?

Tesla is very (very) careful to not call the "order fee" a deposit. They also are not in the habit of refunding said fee. You can place an order and cancel it, sure, but the expectation should be that you will not receive it back, not "it will take a few months to get it back".

Reactions: Mr. Wonderful
Demand is drying up. Production cars with no buyer go to inventory.
Presumably everyone is waiting for January expecting to get $7500 tax credit. But recession fears and rising interest rates may have curbed demand at the same time production is ramping up. Canada and China are also experiencing a quick delivery times and they don’t have a tax credit starting next year.