Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why tesla data drop out & solar meter communication error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My tesla data drops out between 2:30pm and 2:55pm on this particular day.

IMG_0997.jpeg

And powerwall dashboard records Solar meter commas error, which is a neurio:
IMG_0998.png

Also why doesn’t grid data go negative (export) during day.

Is this a Tesla server problem or a TEG issue?

Powerwall dashboard is still able to mine neurio data from the TEG during these events. Enphase envoy 78.3 kWh compares reasonably with the integrated enphase neurio data 77.9 kwh, .4 kWh. The solar meter data 77.0 kwh minus the tesla gateway 1.9 kWh equals 75.1 kwh varies more then envoy data 3.2 kwh.

Last edited:
While I don't have an answer for you, I had a reverse issue with Enphase on Dec, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 13, mostly clear days, one or more per day deep solar production drop for 45 minutes while Tesla data did not show such issues. Called company, they have no answer. Suggested all micros affected by a frequency cut off.
Makes no sense as Tesla would have shown that with 5-minute integrated data. Nor did the Enphase per panel frequency graph show such issue.
o_O

Frequency shift can’t happen when on grid, you are locked at grid frequency of 60hz.
Is there a possibility that battery inverter had a momentary glitch and shut off the Enphase inverters, perhaps long enough that it would take time
for micros to get back on line?
I seriously doubt this could be it. Enphase doesn't know what happened even though I had 5 or more deep drops per Enphase only, not Tesla as it was just fine.