Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why the model 3 does not appear in some lists of the best selling models in the USA for 2020?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To the best of my understanding Tesla sold 292,902 cars in the USA in 2020. I'm surprised that spending an hour on google was not enough to see that the model 3 was the 16 best selling car in 2020 with 206,500 cars . The source of these numbers is goodcarbadcar.net. I seem to remember Teslerati articles on the subject but it did not pop up in my google searches.

Surprisingly (for me) the model 3 was not mentioned in the three lists I saw of Forbes Wheels, Car and Drivers and Motor1.

The Tesla model 3 should be ranked to my understanding at number 16 between the Jeeps (Ahead of the Jeep Wrangler and behind Jeep Grand Cherokee), this includes all types of cars, trucks, SUV...

The list that does include Tesla is of goodcarbadcar is not ranked (Full monthly alphabatical list of all models) and worse it does not have the sum of the yearly numbers.

Does anybody have an explanation of how this has not been corrected? Are these numbers disputed? Is the model 3 not a car? I would imagine that complaints have been filed at these 3 sites. Nothing new about Tesla `being ignored (See Biden recently) and I know that Tesla does not have a PR department to formally handle such issues, but it seems to me that Tesla fans should be enough.

Curious to hear thoughts of others, has this been discussed at Tesla Motor Club before?