Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why the void of SuperChargers in the south (particularly Arkansas)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still need the gap from Springfield, MO to Little Rock and from Springfield, MO to Memphis addressed. A pair of urban superchargers at the half-way points (Hardy, Ar or West Plains, or Jonesboro for the former, Clinton or Conway for the latter) would be enough to make me happy. Just need a quick bridge/boost between the major cities... but right now it is still a desert. Even the new Branson Supercharger "coming soon" won't be much help. Maybe on the return trip from Little Rock, but on the way down it's no benefit at all.

I wonder what Tesla's build strategy is. Right now there are barely any under construction in the middle of the country. A couple in Denver, Minneapolis, and Tennessee. There are 50 under construction in the USA - 25 in California alone! And most of the rest in the NE.

It's frustrating being in Texas where they have filled out the cities over the last year, but nothing has changed on the interstates, for say driving to Colorado or California. Day/weekend trips to huge parts of Texas are nigh impossible, including Big Bend.

They seem to be concentrating builds where they already have SCs, I wish they could give a nod to places that don't already have them, like everywhere not coastal!

Reactions: lottadot