Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why would someone do this . Mod tragedy.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I dont like any of the mods this is showing, I personally am also not a fan of the "point and laugh omg look at this" that happens in these situations.

The owner likes it, even if we dont, and that should actually be good enough. Not much different than seeing someone in a shirt or pair of pants you dont like, taking a picture and posting it for people to laugh at... oh wait, people do that too, dont they?

I wouldnt do this to my car, but its not my car, its whoever owns it.

Now, let me get back to my applesauce, and I think its past my bedtime, it must be at least 5pm.

Yeah, you're probably right. I used to have a 1980 Mazda RX-7. Custom paint job done by my friend. Over the factory metallic silver paint I put wide dark grey stripes running from the pop-up headlights on the hood, all the way back to the rear. I did some of the prep work while he did all the spraying. I also had the rear window louvers (Hey! It was the early 80's and everybody wanted to look like they had a Lambo). The louvers were functional; kept the sun from beating down into the "trunk" - it was a hatchback - and slightly obscured any items I kept in back. Although the paint job and louvers are not what I'm talking about.

I put on a HUGE whale tail. It was not one of those that sat across the rear deck and was mostly flat. This one was curved upwards. When viewed from the rear the ends were higher than the center. The tail may have been useful for keeping the back end down, but that was only when I had it up in the triple-digits. I should have some photos around the house but I'm not going to spend the time looking for them. I couldn't find any Google images either. Probably for the best.... the thing was monstrous.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNation
While I dont like any of the mods this is showing, I personally am also not a fan of the "point and laugh omg look at this" that happens in these situations.

If I said what I really thought about most of the photos posted here, there’d be a legion of former Civic owners after me.

But that’s why opinions are like butts ... we’ve all got one, and most of them stink.

The owner likes it, even if we dont, and that should actually be good enough. Not much different than seeing someone in a shirt or pair of pants you dont like, taking a picture and posting it for people to laugh at... oh wait, people do that too, dont they?

I wouldnt do this to my car, but its not my car, its whoever owns it.

Now, let me get back to my applesauce, and I think its past my bedtime, it must be at least 5pm.

Nope. Disagree! Someone needs to tell this guy (or girl) that the mods are ridiculous looking. These ppl are in their own little bubbles, thinking this crap really looks good. They need to be enlightened.

This very much reminds me of the movie "Shallow Hal". Sure, there's nothing wrong with morbidly obese women, but SOMEONE did need to tell him she wasn't a supermodel!

Use a term other than "riced". I know what you mean, but that does not make the term acceptable in any way, shape or forum (and no I dont think this particular feeling is me being an old man).

I think a lot of people are unaware that it's a racial slur against Asian people. But hopefully now that folks are aware, they'll stop using it.

Use a term other than "riced". I know what you mean, but that does not make the term acceptable in any way, shape or forum (and no I dont think this particular feeling is me being an old man).

I think a lot of people are unaware that it's a racial slur against Asian people. But hopefully now that folks are aware, they'll stop using it.

Oh, Never occurred to me it's a slur against Asians.
I'm an immigrant whose diet is mainly rice. I'm mean ... you guys can see my username ... right?

but why Asian in particular?

Don't mind at all if someone would explain to this me

Reactions: TydalForce
Status
Not open for further replies.