Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why would this happen if cabin overheat is on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which it is

Attachments

• A6BCD21B-ACE2-45E0-BC45-3FC20283AA63.png
    A6BCD21B-ACE2-45E0-BC45-3FC20283AA63.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
That's really strange. 110 is too warm with cabin overhead protection on and 95 seems too cool when it is 93F out. Are you parked inside or outside under the sun. BTW, it is 98 out right now and my car is 143 because it has been sitting on my driveway since Friday. I noticed that you phone as key is Connected. Maybe when the phone is connected cabin overheat protection would not kick in? Mine is always Disconnected until I have about 3 steps out the front door.

The temp isn’t “live”. I’ve looked at the temp on the app and then refreshed it and it polled the car for current temp. Like another poster it seems to top out at +/- 105. There are two settings for climate. The middle section is just the blower. Far right turns AC on as well.

Did it stay at that temp or briefly hit that temp? My car floats around 105 plus or minus a few degrees. It also makes a difference if you are in full sun on a hot day.

I don't know as I closed the app after checking. i suppose i should keep the app open and monitor it? i try to keep the app closed so it goes to sleep