Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wider tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that I have a 100 pack I'm having trouble getting grip as I zip around traffic 😂

I have the 19" rims I think they are called the base, I love the look and I powder coated them black and it's slick BTW.

Currently I have the stock 245/45/19 on there. Could I fit a 255 on all 4 of them without any rubbing? Or do I need to go back to that stupid staggered setup with 265 in the rear?
PXL_20221221_203008809.jpg

If you're looking for more grip, I would suggest different tires of different compound build and make. Jumping to 255 tires are not gonna make a noticeable difference.

Perhaps due a couple hard pulls on your current tires to bring them up to temperature prior to going all out?

If you're looking for more grip, I would suggest different tires of different compound build and make. Jumping to 255 tires are not gonna make a noticeable difference.

Perhaps due a couple hard pulls on your current tires to bring them up to temperature prior to going all out?
Why wouldn't wider tires do anything? When I installed a supercharger on my mustang I couldn't take off in lower than 3rd gear without spinning so I got some 295 and it solved that instantly.
Those are Michelin Primacy, switch those tires out to some Michelin PS4S, then you will get some traction. :)
Just the tires that came with the rims when I got them. I normally drive with falken azenis fk510 tires for summer. But when these ones get lower in tread I'm gonna see what I can find as an all season because I don't have the ability to swap summer and winter tires anymore

Why wouldn't wider tires do anything? When I installed a supercharger on my mustang I couldn't take off in lower than 3rd gear without spinning so I got some 295 and it solved that instantly.

Just the tires that came with the rims when I got them. I normally drive with falken azenis fk510 tires for summer. But when these ones get lower in tread I'm gonna see what I can find as an all season because I don't have the ability to swap summer and winter tires anymore
For an all season check out the reviews on the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. They get very good reviews for a tire that can handle some light snow and still perform well in the summer. I don't have any personal experience with them yet, but they're on my short list when needed.

For an all season check out the reviews on the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. They get very good reviews for a tire that can handle some light snow and still perform well in the summer. I don't have any personal experience with them yet, but they're on my short list when needed.
+1 to that. I had the A/S 3+ in 245/40R20 and I have the AS4 in 245/45R19 on my 2019 as a "winter" tire since I now have summer tires on my 20" wheels. They're both great at everything, though I did not drive either in snow. I also had the Primacy MXM4 on my P85D and yeah, it was a pretty boring tire. Quiet and good for efficiency, but wallowy in corners.