Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will EAP benefit from FSD AI learnings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EAP is IMO the only viable upgrade option here in the EU because of policies as of now. I need some reassurance before I push the rather expensive "Buy" button: Will EAP improve together with FSD so that it will benefit from "lessons learned" from the AI? Nobody seems to be talking about this since all focus is on FSD.

Reactions: Microterf
EAP is IMO the only viable upgrade option here in the EU because of policies as of now. I need some reassurance before I push the rather expensive "Buy" button: Will EAP improve together with FSD so that it will benefit from "lessons learned" from the AI? Nobody seems to be talking about this since all focus is on FSD.
It would depend on if they move the stacks to cover everything else. Nobody knows except for them, and I doubt even they have a plan yet.

I would guess eventually it will, but that could be 6 months, it could be 4 years....

Reactions: Dr. Y. Tokui
No one can assure you of anything. If you buy EAP, do it based on current functionality rather than what it might (or might not) do later.
Thanks. I was just wondering if anybody had heard anything regarding this. It would be more of a no-brainer for me if I knew it would improve as well.

I think that there are people like me who would like to push that button. And who are a tad hesitant because you are paying a premium price for a few – actually usable – added functionalities. We would perhaps be more inclined to take that step if the purchase was somehow "future-proofed" in that sense.

Thanks. I was just wondering if anybody had heard anything regarding this. It would be more of a no-brainer for me if I knew it would improve as well.

I think that there are people like me who would like to push that button. And who are a tad hesitant because you are paying a premium price for a few – actually usable – added functionalities. We would perhaps be more inclined to take that step if the purchase was somehow "future-proofed" in that sense.
You should rent it first. There’s an option in the app to buy it for list price if you want later on.

Not quite sure what you mean by "rent"..? If you are referring to the subscription offer, then it's not available yet. At least not here in Denmark… Not sure if it will be either.
Yes. I didn’t know that it was for sale in some places but the subscription was not. Is it available for purchase through the app after the sale? I would consider waiting if its an option.

Do you have subscription available in EU ?