Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dropped FSD B on my 2021 S and family said....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
So I have finally given up on Elon's "promises" "prognostications" "X posts" "interviews" "🔥🔥🔥" and on and on and on....

Dropped my subscription from my 2021 Refresh Model S. I had pre-purchased FSD 4 times and stopped myself from pressing the buy button during ordering and so happy I didn't.

Almost a couple of years in I finally stopped the monthly subscription and so glad I did.

Basic AutoPilot for daily commuters, mine being 90+ miles a day, that are almost all expressway miles don't get any meaningful benefit at all from FSD B. Trying to use FSD B when using my car as a family toter ends up in complaints from all.

Benefits from dropping FSD B Subscription:

Extra $212.93 a month in my pocket

-0- disengagements vs 20+ on my daily commute even with very few city miles

No more being suckered in to Elon's 🔥🔥🔥 posts and statements of hang on, it's almost here.

2 Weeks now being turned in to something more like 300+ weeks since my first 2017 S being advertised with a complete video of a Model X TOTALLY Self Driving 🤦‍♂️

My Family saying on our first outing after dropping FSD B "WOW dad did you finally get the FSD update you have been bragging that Elon has been promising? That was the best FSD drive ever". THAT was the moment I fully realized what a waist I have spent renting FSD B for almost 2 years now.

I will keep watching the AI, Autopilot, & Autonomous/FSD thread as our 2017 Model X, driven 15 miles a week at most LMAO, has FSD with HW3 and infotainment screen upgrades in place.

So I have finally given up on Elon's "promises" "prognostications" "X posts" "interviews" "🔥🔥🔥" and on and on and on....

Dropped my subscription from my 2021 Refresh Model S. I had pre-purchased FSD 4 times and stopped myself from pressing the buy button during ordering and so happy I didn't.

Almost a couple of years in I finally stopped the monthly subscription and so glad I did.

Basic AutoPilot for daily commuters, mine being 90+ miles a day, that are almost all expressway miles don't get any meaningful benefit at all from FSD B. Trying to use FSD B when using my car as a family toter ends up in complaints from all.

Benefits from dropping FSD B Subscription:

Extra $212.93 a month in my pocket

-0- disengagements vs 20+ on my daily commute even with very few city miles

No more being suckered in to Elon's 🔥🔥🔥 posts and statements of hang on, it's almost here.

2 Weeks now being turned in to something more like 300+ weeks since my first 2017 S being advertised with a complete video of a Model X TOTALLY Self Driving 🤦‍♂️

My Family saying on our first outing after dropping FSD B "WOW dad did you finally get the FSD update you have been bragging that Elon has been promising? That was the best FSD drive ever". THAT was the moment I fully realized what a waist I have spent renting FSD B for almost 2 years now.

I will keep watching the AI, Autopilot, & Autonomous/FSD thread as our 2017 Model X, driven 15 miles a week at most LMAO, has FSD with HW3 and infotainment screen upgrades in place.
I've had Beta on two of my Teslas (both times I purchased a Tesla with FSD and later got Beta). I think the technology is amazing, but the times it isn't can be really stressful and frustrating. I didn't bother getting it on my new Model Y and only have EAP and I think I'm fine with that "downgrade."

I'm here in the same city with a very different experience.

I remember one day letting FSD drive to MOG Costco without assistance.
Not worth $200 a month for something I could do on my own and with my family on that kind of drive totally complaining and making fun of me the entire time….NOPE

Give me L3 on highways and I would have some tiny but of desire to keep it.

Reactions: spacecoin
I had “highway” autopilot on my HW1 MSU2.5 or something like that 2015. When I bought the car, it wasn’t called highway autopilot and I used it on city streets all the time and really enjoyed it. It didn’t stop at lights or stop signs but was still a lot of fun, which is why I’m really looking forward to upgrading to at least EAP on my 2022 Plaid. It just seems like a lot of money! I had a lot of goodness included on my previous Tesla that just simply came with the deal. Used to flick the turns dark and it would change lanes without switching off autopilot, I miss that.