Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will I get FSD from this used Tesla (non-Tesla dealership)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The dealer was upfront and said they bought the car from an auction (it's not a trade in) but have no information on who sold it at auction. If Tesla sold it at auction, then for sure the FSD would be removed at some point. The dealer owns the car but the car has not be registered with Tesla yet so the car is in a limbo state in that regard. My fear is I buy the car and register it with Tesla and Tesla wipes the FSD off the car. I would not get anywhere with Tesla, they don't care because I didn't buy the car from them, and the dealer won't or can't do anything so I would need to sue someone to recover the $8,000 in software and I am not going to go through all of that. I really wish Tesla would just tell you yes or no this car has FSD and yes it will transfer. They won't help me.
Only solution I see is to get the dealer to register as the owner and then see what happens to the FSD.

If Tesla wipes it after you buy it then they are thieving so and so's not learned their lesson and small claims should be able to take care of you as has happened in other cases? Alternative, go big boy court and sue for punitive damages on account they should have already learned their lesson.

Or walk away and find a private deal.