Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will insurance replace instead of repair the rear bumper cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
poster
FYI......I don't believe EVERYTHING I read in this forum.

Nor do I comment on EVERTYING I read in this forum.

TL;DR
That poster is also the OP of his accident & with a 5 page thread that you didn't read - he definitely did his homework & was estimated on paper by a Tesla Certified Body shop that his component was going to be bent back into place (8 hr job) ....not replaced.

You said you got a plate but it was too low-res. Can you post the video so we can try and enhance it?

Here is the left repeater view, contact occurs at 0:16 mark, vehicle is a red/orange Ford Edge, chrome rims and stickers in bottom corners of rear window.

Capture 3.png

Update: Friday I got an estimate from a certified Tesla body shop for $1,100 and submitted it to my insurance co. They said since this body shop is not part of "their network" I had to submit pictures of the damage to a "third party estimator" for another quote.

Update: Friday I got an estimate from a certified Tesla body shop for $1,100 and submitted it to my insurance co. They said since this body shop is not part of "their network" I had to submit pictures of the damage to a "third party estimator" for another quote.

that's not uncommon. My daughters Audi A3 was hit in a parking lot at night and the bumper cover was smashed, as well as the support braces. Since we took it to an independent shop not in the insurer's network, they sent out their own estimator to look at the damage -- I guess they didn't believe the pix. That added another week or so to the repair time.

that's not uncommon. My daughters Audi A3 was hit in a parking lot at night and the bumper cover was smashed, as well as the support braces. Since we took it to an independent shop not in the insurer's network, they sent out their own estimator to look at the damage -- I guess they didn't believe the pix. That added another week or so to the repair time.

Normally on any other car I wouldn't have an issue with this but is the 3rd party estimator Tesla "certified"? Will they include sensor diagnostics (pre and post) like the Tesla shop? I guess I just have to wait and see what they come back with.