Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will it buff out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you be willing to share the quote paperwork? I knew it would be up there, but I'm sure the pics missed some of the damage. Just curious what all is on there.
I’ll share what I can! Insurance is still figuring out if they’re going to repair or total it. From what I read I’ll get a list from Tesla if/when they order parts.

Would you be willing to share the quote paperwork? I knew it would be up there, but I'm sure the pics missed some of the damage. Just curious what all is on there.
The PDF has my claim # everywhere, but I talked to the shop and its:

Crash bar
Trunk Tub
Back Glass/Trunk
Rear lights/charger as they were scratched by the trunk
Paint and light damage to rear quarter panels

If you want to know more let me know

1626275465149.png

The PDF has my claim # everywhere, but I talked to the shop and its:

Crash bar
Trunk Tub
Back Glass/Trunk
Rear lights/charger as they were scratched by the trunk
Paint and light damage to rear quarter panels

If you want to know more let me know

View attachment 684436
Nope, that's all good. Thanks for sharing. Trunk tub/work must be pretty expensive. Add the 1/4 panel paint work, blending and $20K CAD makes sense.

I just had a rear end collision on my SR+. Only rear bumper was damaged though. Replaced bumper cover, crash bar, fascia piece underneath, and 1 ultrasonic sensor. Total $2K in damage. Was out of my car only 13 days. I was expecting longer based on what I had heard about lead time on replacement Tesla parts.

You will have all of the same damages in addition to the trunk lid and underfloor trunk well so not sure how much that adds. Going to ballpark $5 - 6K to repair?
Wow, that's it? I had somebody scrape paint off of the rear bumper and rear driver's side quarter panel (no structural damage) and it cost nearly $2500 to repair.

Are you happy with the repair and paint quality? 2 months honestly isn't too bad for a repair like that, especially in the era of COVID supply chain issues.
Trunk seems to have more of a panel gap then before, but the paint looks spot on. They gave me a bottle of their mix for touchups as well.
Longest thing to come was the trunk, but they said ~2 months from the start so they were accurate with their estimate.

Reactions: vogz and Phlier
Glad you got your car back! That would've been the longest two months of my life.

Just looking at your repair sheet... 13% in "Harmonized Sales Tax?" I'd be singing anything but harmony after paying that tax bill! Wow.

It really is amazing how repair shops can nail the paint matching nowadays.

Glad you got your car back! That would've been the longest two months of my life.

Just looking at your repair sheet... 13% in "Harmonized Sales Tax?" I'd be singing anything but harmony after paying that tax bill! Wow.

It really is amazing how repair shops can nail the paint matching nowadays.
Good Ol Ontario Canada tax rate! They billed ~3.5k to insurance for the rental for 2 months too. We don’t have any diminished value up here either.

It was a brutal 2 months, a weeks worth of gas was a months worth of charging, even in a fusion hybrid. Insurance also wouldn’t cover the cost of gas either.

But it’s back! Definitely appreciate the instant torque a lot more now too

Trunk seems to have more of a panel gap then before, but the paint looks spot on. They gave me a bottle of their mix for touchups as well.
Longest thing to come was the trunk, but they said ~2 months from the start so they were accurate with their estimate.

Seems like they did a good job overall and on time. Glad you are happy with it. Getting your car back after a long time in the body shop really makes you appreciate it more. Good stuff.