Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Kids Car Seat LATCH System Wear or Stretch the Seat Material?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a few booster seats that use the LATCH system to keep it in place. I’m concerned that the LATCH will stretch out the seat material and that it will not return to its original shape. Looking for first hand experience on how the seat material held up/looks from other owners. Thanks!

Sure will. Most non-latch/isofix rear and forward facing car and even booster seats will leave permanent to semi-permanent indentations, marring and wrinkles in the seats as well.

Consider it a Model 3/Y and material 'feature'.

There are a few mitigating measures, all half-a ed. Don't you love it when the automotive and child safety industries collaborate so well?

There are a few booster seats that use the LATCH system to keep it in place. I’m concerned that the LATCH will stretch out the seat material and that it will not return to its original shape. Looking for first hand experience on how the seat material held up/looks from other owners. Thanks!
I asked something similar a while back, as I have a Chicco Keyfit30 and the base dug BIG grooves into not only where the latch attached, but in the seat back. It was at Service for 4 days, and the indents were nearly gone. I’ve read steam is a great way to reshape the foam, and material back to its original shape, although I haven’t tried it myself yet. Perhaps before I trade my 3 in for a Cybertruck. A couple of hot days in the sun may also alleviate any of that perceived “wear”.

Reactions: codeoverride