Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What booster seats do you use in your 6 seater 2022 Model X? We tried the Diono Solona 2 (comfortable, but too wide for 2nd row to buckle, will not work in 3rd row due to no latch system). We currently use the Diono Solona in both the 2nd and 3rd row, but my kids complain that they aren't comfortable. I'm looking for booster seats that will work width-wise to still be able to independently buckle up, but also comfortable for long car rides.

To piggyback on this question, we would love to use seat protectors for all of our Diono carseats and booster seats (we have four total), but they are just too wide for the seats in the 2nd and 3rd rows. They block the seatbelt path, buckle and the 3rd row cup holders. Has anyone found a safe way to protect the seats that is narrow enough for the 2nd and 3rd row monopost seats?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Attachments

• carseats.jpg
    carseats.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 1,137
Reactions: ShareLofty
What booster seats do you use in your 6 seater 2022 Model X? We tried the Diono Solona 2 (comfortable, but too wide for 2nd row to buckle, will not work in 3rd row due to no latch system). We currently use the Diono Solona in both the 2nd and 3rd row, but my kids complain that they aren't comfortable. I'm looking for booster seats that will work width-wise to still be able to independently buckle up, but also comfortable for long car rides.

To piggyback on this question, we would love to use seat protectors for all of our Diono carseats and booster seats (we have four total), but they are just too wide for the seats in the 2nd and 3rd rows. They block the seatbelt path, buckle and the 3rd row cup holders. Has anyone found a safe way to protect the seats that is narrow enough for the 2nd and 3rd row monopost seats?

Upvote 0

Did you find a booster seat that will work for the third row? I'm looking for a booster that my 5 yr old can do on her own, without flame retardants, and I feel like I'm looking for a 🦄!

Upvote 0
Our garages are beginning to fill up with various generations of child seats….and we’ve only a single 5 1/2 yo! (You may say “of course he’s single”…but you haven’t seen him with the 4 to 94-yo crowd…😁).

As we go on to the next iteration, what is flummoxing us is the height of the booster back means it fights the forward -leaning headrest on both our ‘13 Model S and ‘17 Model X - leaving a yawning gap most of the back’s length: something that absolutely should not exist.

Can anyone vouch that the Perego Viaggio Flex or the Oobr overcome this - or there another solution?

Upvote 0
Our garages are beginning to fill up with various generations of child seats….and we’ve only a single 5 1/2 yo! (You may say “of course he’s single”…but you haven’t seen him with the 4 to 94-yo crowd…😁).

As we go on to the next iteration, what is flummoxing us is the height of the booster back means it fights the forward -leaning headrest on both our ‘13 Model S and ‘17 Model X - leaving a yawning gap most of the back’s length: something that absolutely should not exist.

Can anyone vouch that the Perego Viaggio Flex or the Oobr overcome this - or there another solution?
Here’s the Peg Perego Viaggio Flex in a ‘13 MS and ‘22 MX. It has a part that protrudes from the back of the head rest that fits rather nicely in the gap. We are on a fairly low setting for our very tall almost 7 yo, but I have included pictures at the highest level with the biggest gap for comparison

Attachments

• IMG_5478.jpeg
    IMG_5478.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_5479.jpeg
    IMG_5479.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 215
Upvote 0

Also FWIW, the Oobr was too wide for us. Kid had trouble buckling herself

Reactions: Mike7564
Upvote 0
We have the 6 seater Model X (2022/23) and here's an update on our current car seat configuration. We were able to fit the Diono Radian RXT and a Diono Cambria 2 High Back Booster in the third row, with another Diono Radian RXT and a Solona in the 2nd row captains chairs. We've done that for almost a year. We just switched another child to a Cambra 2 in the third row. Our current configuration is 2 Diono High Back Cambra 2 Boosters in the third row, Diono Radian RXT and Diono Solona in the 2nd row. We only lost the ability to use the third row cup holders with big cups. I feel better that the third row children are in high back boosters as there is no side airbag option for the third row.

Attachments

• IMG_8119.jpeg
    IMG_8119.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_8120.jpeg
    IMG_8120.jpeg
    512.9 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 0
Just wanted to share our experiences for anybody with a MX 6 seater and having booster seat issues.
Initially purchased the Britax click tight plus grow with you and used it as a 5 point harness with no issue. However when transitioning to a booster the seat was too wide to easily buckle the kids in.
Tried out the diono Cambria 2 but still it was too wide for the 2nd row to easily buckle the seat belt when used as a booster seat.
Eventually went with the cheapest option which was a Chicco kidfit plus high back booster and it fit well and no issues with the stock seat belt. No extender needed. Feels flimsy compared to the Britax. But it fits and kids are happy.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to share our experiences for anybody with a MX 6 seater and having booster seat issues.
Initially purchased the Britax click tight plus grow with you and used it as a 5 point harness with no issue. However when transitioning to a booster the seat was too wide to easily buckle the kids in.
Tried out the diono Cambria 2 but still it was too wide for the 2nd row to easily buckle the seat belt when used as a booster seat.
Eventually went with the cheapest option which was a Chicco kidfit plus high back booster and it fit well and no issues with the stock seat belt. No extender needed. Feels flimsy compared to the Britax. But it fits and kids are happy.
Thanks for the update! Did you have any issues with the MX 6-seater's headrest creating a gap between the vehicle's seat and the booster? We tried one of the Chicco's but I can't remember which, and I seem to remember the headrests making contact and creating a void between the front of the captain chair and the rear of the booster. Some child seat manufacturers are okay with that, but the Chicco model we had seemed to be one of the seats where that isn't allowed. Did you have that issue? If not, your update is fantastic news!

Upvote 0