Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Will Tesla let me do this?

I reserved my Model 3 on 2/19. No VIN yet and I'm East coast so I'm not expecting it until after the end of this quarter.

I'm starting to think I should have waited around for AWD. I would gladly pay $4k for AWD if it were available today.

My question is - anyone know whether Tesla will let me either:

1) Cancel my order and go back to being 'ready to configure', without losing my $2,500 OR
2) Adjust my existing order as a 'modification' (add AWD), and presumably pay the $500 change fee. It would then just sit there until AWD was available.

I'm guessing 'no' to both of these but you never know until you ask, so just wanted to see if anyone else has managed to pull this off.

Cheers
 
Just so I'm clear on what you're saying. You put down the 1000.00 reservation on 2/19 or you configured and paid the other 2500.00 on 2/19? because if that's the latter is the case, I'm pretty certain that you won't be able to switch it at this point, as it has probably already been built. I would call Tesla as soon as possible to see what they say because the longer you wait, the greater the chances that they will build your car without AWD.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Msjulie
I reserved my Model 3 on 2/19. No VIN yet and I'm East coast so I'm not expecting it until after the end of this quarter.

I'm starting to think I should have waited around for AWD. I would gladly pay $4k for AWD if it were available today.

My question is - anyone know whether Tesla will let me either:

1) Cancel my order and go back to being 'ready to configure', without losing my $2,500 OR
2) Adjust my existing order as a 'modification' (add AWD), and presumably pay the $500 change fee. It would then just sit there until AWD was available.

I'm guessing 'no' to both of these but you never know until you ask, so just wanted to see if anyone else has managed to pull this off.

Cheers
I think we're the wrong people to ask...simply call them up and ask. The sales advisors will be able to tell you.
 

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.


SUPPORT TMC
Top