Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla make the "by the end of January 2015" promise for torque sleep? (P85D)

Will Tesla make the "by the end of January 2015" promise for torque sleep? (P85D)

• Yes, as promised

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • Nope, will be late

Votes: 89 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to TM this morning on the issue. I was told there was a meeting over the weekend and its rolling out this week in batches....literally just heard this moments ago.
Pitchforks can be returned to their storage spaces until the next one of these happens (Signature delivery date, Supercharger rollout, auto-lowering restoration, A batteries limited to 90kw, etc.). I predict it will be about the delivery of the Model X Signatures.

I think it'll be much easier to do anything on a legal front if more weeks pass on this. Lets say a class action were filed late in February (while still no update) and then soon after the update hits and fixes the issues. I'm betting Tesla could certainly still be held liable for the time in between delivery and XX/XX/XXXX when the update finally came out in some way or another.

A not often mentioned (but valid) point is that the increased usage is more slightly more taxing on the battery, inverters, chargers, motors, etc. Honestly, I think a reasonable remedy would be to reset the warranty clock/odometer on related parts and service by at least the window in question (delivery->update) at no cost to the affected owner.

laughably tenuous basis for claim if fixed promptly. Remedy < legal fees. Harms the very party you depend on for service. You're not going to do it so why theorize?

I spoke to TM this morning on the issue. I was told there was a meeting over the weekend and its rolling out this week in batches....literally just heard this moments ago.
it could be it!
Hopefully .139 will have it. service center said it is rolling out this week in batches. I will know later today when I get the car back. They were installing .139 on mine.

Wow, there are some scarily litigious and incredibly impatient people buying Teslas these days. I completely agree that Tesla needs work on communicating changes in deadlines, but one whole day of delay over a weekend and everyone has to start whining about lawyers? Egads!

I dunno something from Keith Richards song "rocks off" maybe?

Right?

Every time I leave the investor's subforum I get surprised by impatient tantrums thrown over little foibles and nitpicking about the best car the world has ever known. I mean, when is the last time Bentley/Aston/Maserati flashed an upgrade to its cars remotely?

Again, maybe you have a differing opinion about the severity of the issue which gives you doubt concerning the legality, but as an owner of the car, there is no doubt in my mind this whole debacle is grounds for legal action.

Sheesh... when did I ever it was not "grounds for legal action"? In fact, I said the exact opposite.

You said "there is no doubt in my mind, this isn't legal." I replied by saying there is some doubt as to whether it is legal or not and gave the reasons FOR DOUBT by reference to legal principles, such as the parol evidence rule. Your entire last post proved my point -- you say "Our scenario with the range issue falls between those two" meaning there is some doubt, but then you conclude it by saying that I "have a differing opinion." No, my opinion has always been there is doubt, and if the rollout happens soon as people are now posting, the success of any legal action would be very much in doubt.

Every time I leave the investor's subforum I get surprised by impatient tantrums thrown over little foibles and nitpicking about the best car the world has ever known. I mean, when is the last time Bentley/Aston/Maserati flashed an upgrade to its cars remotely?

That's not really the issue. The issue is Telsa advertising certain specs, not meeting those specs, saying when they would meet them, then missing that deadline. I agree with you whole heartedly with being surprised by the "tantrums" thrown, and the threats to sue, but that doesn't mean that Tesla can't do better. Saying that other cars don't even come close to the "best car in the world" does not excuse Tesla's misconduct on this issue. We're trying to make them even better and just like my kids, you don't earn a pass on bad conduct because you are great overall, or some of your friends are worse than you.

Mod note: Let's leave the inflammatory descriptions of other people out of this discussion please. I don't see any 'tantrums' here, just frustrated folk who didn't get what they paid for and didn't get the fix they were promised either.

Agreed. I saw someone threatening a lawsuit over a free feature upgrade, which seemed excessive.

Agreed. I saw someone threatening a lawsuit over a free feature upgrade, which seemed excessive.

Maybe read up next time. It wasn't a free feature upgrade, it's a fix for failure to meet advertised specifications and a secondary failure to meet the (self-imposed) deadline for that fix.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, ironically amusing that I received a marketing email from Jerome this afternoon with the following quote:

All-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor Model S is here. Unlike conventional all-wheel drive vehicles that sacrifice fuel efficiency for increased traction, the All-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor Model S provides superior control while actually improving both range and acceleration, even in tough winter conditions

Maybe read up next time. It wasn't a free feature upgrade, it's a fix for failure to meet advertised specifications and a secondary failure to meet the (self-imposed) deadline for that fix.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, ironically amusing that I received a marketing email from Jerome this afternoon with the following quote:

All-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor Model S is here. Unlike conventional all-wheel drive vehicles that sacrifice fuel efficiency for increased traction, the All-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor Model S provides superior control while actually improving both range and acceleration, even in tough winter conditions

Classic:wink:

Edit: Is it too late to change my vote? (Yes, I voted 'yes' in the poll)

Last edited: