Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the dual Motor LR have less issues and last longer than the Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I understand it, the LR has the same battery pack and motor as the Performance and that software is the only difference that changes the acceleration from 4.8 to 3.5 in the 0-60 mph run? Wouldn't the reduced stress on the components for the LR compared to the Performance mean there will be less issues with longevity and problems related to more stress on the related components?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
seems like it would be more of a factor related to your foot. If you have the Performance, you have the option to go faster when you want...that would be the only time there is more "stress". So completely up to the driver. Without the Performance you don't have the option to accelerate faster during those times when it is "needed".

seems like it would be more of a factor related to your foot. If you have the Performance, you have the option to go faster when you want...that would be the only time there is more "stress". So completely up to the driver. Without the Performance you don't have the option to accelerate faster during those times when it is "needed".

That makes sense. However, my last car was a Hellcat and it's too tempting to use that power if it's there.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
As I understand it, the LR has the same battery pack and motor as the Performance and that software is the only difference that changes the acceleration from 4.8 to 3.5 in the 0-60 mph run? Wouldn't the reduced stress on the components for the LR compared to the Performance mean there will be less issues with longevity and problems related to more stress on the related components?
Depends if Tesla figured out the voltage sag issues with P3D. Judging by performance tests done by Youtubers this does appear to have been mitigated so I’d expect software limited LYD’s to do pretty decently.