Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the service center upgrade the center console if you pay for the labor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had their center console updated by the service center? I've decided I like the newer version more from a practicality standpoint but don't want to upgrade myself. Wondering if the SC will do it?
It's worth a try but I agree with @GtiMart that with very few exceptions (like software-enabled features, LTE/MCU2/HW3 upgrade...) Tesla seems to want you to get the whole Tesla rather than do the retrofit.

Last edited:
You might also not like the price. From memory , Daerik on Youtube paid 850$ for the console? I think it includes the card reader, some electronic module etc...
Yeah I figured it'd be expensive but even if they charged for 5ish hours at $120 or something, I'd rather spend the $600 to have someone else install than struggle to do it by myself.

It's worth a try but I agree with @GtiMart that with very few exceptions (like software-enabled features, LTE/MCU2/HW3 upgrade...) Tesla seems to want you to get the whole Tesla rather than do the retrofit.
Thats too bad =(