Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the travel ban effect the supply chain for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean the European travel ban announced last night? How much of Tesla's supply chain comes from Europe vs. Asia? Does the LR RWD Model Y have unique parts that make it more vulnerable to supply chain interruption than other Model Ys, other Tesla models or other cars in general that rely on electronic components? I'd be more concerned that factory shutdowns in Asia would dry up the availability of parts in the supply chain, regardless of whether or not there are any import restrictions. On the other hand, I have a feeling China and South Korea will get this disease under control sooner than we will here.

Reactions: Ciaopec
It restricts travel for people and it is specific to European flights going to the USA. Not a transportation ban of all products and goods.

Apparently there is a lot of confusion due to the botched way this information was presented. See here for details:
Coronavirus: Chaos Follows Trump's European Travel Ban; EU Says It Wasn't Warned

(There could be supplier issues in China, but that's not related to the European flight restrictions. Has more to do with Chinese suppliers still ramping back up from the disruptions.)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
You mean the European travel ban announced last night? How much of Tesla's supply chain comes from Europe vs. Asia? Does the LR RWD Model Y have unique parts that make it more vulnerable to supply chain interruption than other Model Ys, other Tesla models or other cars in general that rely on electronic components? I'd be more concerned that factory shutdowns in Asia would dry up the availability of parts in the supply chain, regardless of whether or not there are any import restrictions. On the other hand, I have a feeling China and South Korea will get this disease under control sooner than we will here.
Yes. I thought there were european manufacturing companies involved.