Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

will we get the model Y AWD in the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
I didn't realise the US lineup is different to UK (and I assume Europe)? They don't have a RWD option but they have an 'AWD' option with two motors but a simlar lower range as the RWD we get. A little closer in price though to the LR - about $3000 extra for 279->330 miles. Only a 0.2s difference in 0-60 time as well. 5.0 for the AWD vs 4.8 for the LR (and 6.6 for the RWD over here..)

don't know if thats LFP or just a smaller regular pack. Interesting to see. For me a lower cost of entry is good, and RWD is fine - although the improved performance would have been nice

I didn't realise the US lineup is different to UK (and I assume Europe)? They don't have a RWD option but they have an 'AWD' option with two motors but a simlar lower range as the RWD we get. A little closer in price though to the LR - about $3000 extra for 279->330 miles. Only a 0.2s difference in 0-60 time as well. 5.0 for the AWD vs 4.8 for the LR (and 6.6 for the RWD over here..)

don't know if thats LFP or just a smaller regular pack. Interesting to see. For me a lower cost of entry is good, and RWD is fine - although the improved performance would have been nice
That is the model they are trying out the 4680 cells in (allegedly). I doubt we will see it here anytime soon if at all.