Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will windows stop smash and grab

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't drive into SF for many reasons, one of which I don't want my Model 3 to get broken into. Do you think the CT will prevent theft since the windows are supposedly bulletproof? (unsure if bulletproof also means smashproof - i mean if it can stop a bullet shouldn't it be able to stop a hammer?)

Smash and grabs aren't usually using a hammer anyway, but a much less conspicuous glass breaking tool. Laminated glass slows the process down, but leave something valuable enough in the cab, in the wrong place, and somebody will break into your vehicle.

Gotta be better than any Tesla going. I wonder if they will make Armored Glass replacements for our cars, who wants to pay for multiple windshields this lifetime. And w/o all the issues with tiny rocks and dust over it's lifetime it should stay more transparent. My 20 y/o Honda has never gotten new glass. It's not as clear as it once was

I wonder how emergency responders would rescue you if in a serious accident.
firemen-use-a-k-12-circular-saw-to-cut-off-the-top-of-a-car-during-crash-victim-5233c0-1600.jpeg