Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind noise on drivers door on model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla changed the door seal on the RH door that helped a bit but never got rid of it... I would check the RH window to seal pressure using a five pound note an check that it grips the same as the RH seal. If it's a bit loose that can cause wind noise and Tesla SC can adjust the window to make a better seal...

PS I upgraded my car to a new SR+ and that doesn't have this problem at any legal speed...
I get the impression it's something of a lottery. My 2019 M3P does this. Tesla have changed the seal, adjusted the window and... very little difference. To me, it's the most annoying thing about the car. Hearing that some 2022 models also exhibit this issue puts me off from getting another one. I'm now looking at alternatives, really like the BYD Seal and hoping it comes to England.

I've got an annoying wind noise (faf.faf.faf) coming from the drivers door. I've spent weeks trying to track it down but haven't found a solution.

The wind noise was only noticeable over 50-60 mph and gets louder the faster you drive. The wind isn't creating a draft and isn't so loud as to make me feel the door rubbers are leaking air. But something is causing a disturbance particularly at speed with cross winds. I have tried putting PVC tape over all the gaps to no avail.

The weird thing is, if I moved my head forward it seemed to go away and if I leaned my head right back, it also goes away. The only time I hear this wind noise was when sitting in the normal driving position. It's most noticeable when driving on smooth motorway tarmac but is drowned out when driving on older motorway tarmac.

Is this within normal tolerance for a model 3? Have you found a solution or did the SC found a solution?

I've got an annoying wind noise (faf.faf.faf) coming from the drivers door. I've spent weeks trying to track it down but haven't found a solution.

The wind noise was only noticeable over 50-60 mph and gets louder the faster you drive. The wind isn't creating a draft and isn't so loud as to make me feel the door rubbers are leaking air. But something is causing a disturbance particularly at speed with cross winds. I have tried putting PVC tape over all the gaps to no avail.

The weird thing is, if I moved my head forward it seemed to go away and if I leaned my head right back, it also goes away. The only time I hear this wind noise was when sitting in the normal driving position. It's most noticeable when driving on smooth motorway tarmac but is drowned out when driving on older motorway tarmac.

Is this within normal tolerance for a model 3? Have you found a solution or did the SC found a solution?
Same exact scenario with our 2023 lr m3. First appointment with tesla service did not fix. We have a 2nd appointment set up. Anyone have this problem resolved?

Same exact scenario with our 2023 lr m3. First appointment with tesla service did not fix. We have a 2nd appointment set up. Anyone have this problem resolved?
This is the main reason I will not be getting a second Model 3 on the expiry of my current lease. I find this the most annoying thing of the car, above 70 the noise is too intrusive and does not make for relaxed motorway driving. They should have sorted this by now, it's not acceptable on a 60k+ car.