Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

window doesn't close after closing rear door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my left rear door now intermittently fails to close the window when we close the door. Reopening and closing the door again doesn't fix it. The window still closes using the window switch. Then the next time we use the door it closes fine.

Anyone else experience this, and know the cause? I was planning to make a service appointment anyway for some loose front door sill trim.

So my left rear door now intermittently fails to close the window when we close the door. Reopening and closing the door again doesn't fix it. The window still closes using the window switch. Then the next time we use the door it closes fine.

Anyone else experience this, and know the cause? I was planning to make a service appointment anyway for some loose front door sill trim.
It's happened to me a few times. Fixed itself after I rolled it up.

Mine intermittently did this then it started getting stuck down. Had it replaced under warranty with a new window regulator. Haven't seen it happen again but do notice that window has a tendency to not lower fast enough when opening the door and seems to hit the trim. Not sure what to do about that, might need to make another appointment.