Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I have a bit of a different issue with my 2018 Tesla model S. When I go to open the passenger side door the window does not go down that 1/2" it is suppose to. And if you don't push it down a bit when the door is open when you close it the window is too high and does not go in the right track. When you close the door of a Model S the window then goes up about a 1/2" automatically. When the door is open if you push the window down a bit and then close the door the window then goes up that 1/2" on its own. But it won't go down that 1/2" on its own when you go to open the door. I have already tried to do a reset/calibration. At this point I can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi @Aragno ,

There are 2 calibration methods:
1 Door closed roll the window all the way down with a "soft click" ... and more
2 Open door, roll the window down, auto-roll the window up .... and smack it... Repeat up to 15 times ...!!! (?)

Whichever you tried, try the other one... These are both fully listed in the Wiki - Sticky section.

If both of these fail repeatedly - It is possible that the micro switch in the door handle is out of adjustment...
Within the first 1/8" travel of the door handle a micro switch is supposed to turn on and lower the window
before the "door open" sequence occurs. If this is out of adjustment, opening the door will pull on the top of the
glass as the door opens...

Good luck,

Shawn

Hi everyone, I have a bit of a different issue with my 2018 Tesla model S. When I go to open the passenger side door the window does not go down that 1/2" it is suppose to. And if you don't push it down a bit when the door is open when you close it the window is too high and does not go in the right track. When you close the door of a Model S the window then goes up about a 1/2" automatically. When the door is open if you push the window down a bit and then close the door the window then goes up that 1/2" on its own. But it won't go down that 1/2" on its own when you go to open the door. I have already tried to do a reset/calibration. At this point I can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?
Make a mobile service appointment in your app