Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window noise.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be interesting to see what they come up with. Since we know that waxing the outside glass will temporarily get rid of the noise it is definitely something to do with friction. I would assume it's either a misalignment of some rubber strip against the glass or the formulationf of the rubber material itself.

Update: I've put this off for a long time and finally went to the dealer to have it looked at. I made it very clear that the standard Tesla protocol of waxing the glass does work to eliminate the noise but the remedy only lasts a few days and therefore I didn't want a bandaid solution and looking for more permanence. They replaced the Seal - Outer Belt - Front door - LH (FRONT DOOR OUTER BELT ASSY LH1080681-50-D).

Although this was just done, only time will tell if this is the true fix. Will report back if it isn't.

Update: I've put this off for a long time and finally went to the dealer to have it looked at. I made it very clear that the standard Tesla protocol of waxing the glass does work to eliminate the noise but the remedy only lasts a few days and therefore I didn't want a bandaid solution and looking for more permanence. They replaced the Seal - Outer Belt - Front door - LH (FRONT DOOR OUTER BELT ASSY LH1080681-50-D).

Although this was just done, only time will tell if this is the true fix. Will report back if it isn't.

This was what was done to ours as well, replaced the seal.

That was back in February and have not had an issue since.

Good luck,

Vin