Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window not closed notification after 48.10 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an update last night. Today I drove it around and pretty much every time I leave my car, it gives me a “some windows open” despite all my windows being closed. Now I noticed when I close my door, the window goes up all the way, then it goes down like half an inch as if it’s leaving a gap between the gasket to avoid it freezing. I’m not sure if it’s the update or that I’m in the negative 0c temperatures now, but I keep getting the notifications.

When something weird happens after a software update, it is prudent to do a system reset.

When stationary and in Park, press the brake, and both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes dark (may take 30 seconds), then release the buttons. It'll take a minute or so for the screen to come back, so be patient.

Note: This is the next level of reset over the UX reset (which came be done while driving). That one you just hold down the two steering wheel buttons until the screen goes dark, then release them.

When something weird happens after a software update, it is prudent to do a system reset.

When stationary and in Park, press the brake, and both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes dark (may take 30 seconds), then release the buttons. It'll take a minute or so for the screen to come back, so be patient.

Note: This is the next level of reset over the UX reset (which came be done while driving). That one you just hold down the two steering wheel buttons until the screen goes dark, then release them.
Attempted a system reset. Issue still persists. It seems to be the rear passenger side window that is most commonly open.

And when you calibrate that window, you are doing it using the switch on that door or the driver's door? Recommend to use the actual door's switch. Hold switch for 10 seconds at top to confirm and calibrate.
I've tried on both the actual door, and in the driver seat. I posted it on a Canadian Model Y FB group and 3 other people have confirmed having this issue as well, and they also seem to be on 48.10.