Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One touch drivers window not working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I press the button to make the drivers window close without having to hold it, the window goes all the way up and then opens about 4-5 inches. My local SC told me it’s a known software issue and an update will be coming to fix it. Is that really true? I haven’t seen many other people talk about this issue and when I did, the answer seemed to be replacing the window regulator. Is my local SC just pulling my chain?

Have you tried calibrating your windows?

Calibrating Windows​

In the unlikely event that a window behaves unexpectedly (touches the bright molding, fails to open or close properly, goes down more than normal when the door opens, etc.), you can calibrate it to potentially fix the issue.
To calibrate a window:
  1. Close the door with the affected window.
  2. Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver door.
  3. Using the window's switch on the driver's door, raise the affected window until it stalls.
  4. Using the window's switch on the driver's door, lower the affected window until it stalls.
  5. Repeat step 3 and raise the affected window until it stalls.
The window should now be calibrated.

So if I press the button to make the drivers window close without having to hold it, the window goes all the way up and then opens about 4-5 inches. My local SC told me it’s a known software issue and an update will be coming to fix it. Is that really true? I haven’t seen many other people talk about this issue and when I did, the answer seemed to be replacing the window regulator. Is my local SC just pulling my chain?
Did you try rebooting the car by holding down both scroll wheels?

Have you tried calibrating your windows?

Calibrating Windows​

In the unlikely event that a window behaves unexpectedly (touches the bright molding, fails to open or close properly, goes down more than normal when the door opens, etc.), you can calibrate it to potentially fix the issue.
To calibrate a window:
  1. Close the door with the affected window.
  2. Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver door.
  3. Using the window's switch on the driver's door, raise the affected window until it stalls.
  4. Using the window's switch on the driver's door, lower the affected window until it stalls.
  5. Repeat step 3 and raise the affected window until it stalls.
The window should now be calibrated.
This unfortunately did not work. It actually caused the window button to not work at all. I rebooted the car and it’s working again but it still drops on its own when I one touch close it.

Edit: after playing around with it more, the button became totally unresponsive again. Hopefully they’ll fix it now.

i have the same issue and calibrated multiple times, seems to fix it temporary and problem just comes back. had mobile service guy came out today and he immediately knew the issue and said this is a common problem depending on the factory it came out of (mine is Fremont). He adjusted the door alignment to back out the door slightly, this seems to fix the issue, but now i have a slight panel gap. He stated that this is their only fix and i may need to consult with service center to see if the gap is acceptable or if they have a different fix. Pretty lame bc while the window issue is annoying, the panel alignment might annoy me more

i have the same issue and calibrated multiple times, seems to fix it temporary and problem just comes back. had mobile service guy came out today and he immediately knew the issue and said this is a common problem depending on the factory it came out of (mine is Fremont). He adjusted the door alignment to back out the door slightly, this seems to fix the issue, but now i have a slight panel gap. He stated that this is their only fix and i may need to consult with service center to see if the gap is acceptable or if they have a different fix. Pretty lame bc while the window issue is annoying, the panel alignment might annoy me more
Yup, the issue came back. Based on your comments I guess I’ll just deal with it.