Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window seal normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this window seal alignment at the mirror look like everyone else's? The car is fairly new and I just had the windows tinted then noticed it after. It may have been like this before and be normal, it but doesn't look right so I figured I would check before saying something. I am thinking maybe they pulled it out to lay the film down to the edge and didn't put it back in correct? ‍♂️
IMG_20190716_192529.jpg
IMG_20190716_192539.jpg
IMG_20190716_192529.jpg

Does this window seal alignment at the mirror look like everyone else's? The car is fairly new and I just had the windows tinted then noticed it after. It may have been like this before and be normal, it but doesn't look right so I figured I would check before saying something. I am thinking maybe they pulled it out to lay the film down to the edge and didn't put it back in correct? ‍♂️View attachment 430447 View attachment 430448 View attachment 430447

No, not normal. What was the build month/year (located inside driver's side door opening?

So, I finally got this into service. Come to find out this is a known issue with hot areas. Being we are in S FL they are seeing their share. The plastic cover deforms and the rubber seal presses out of shape. The adviser didn't think they have revised the part yet but was uncertain. They are just replacing them as needed. She did say she has seen some warp so bad the plastic completely pops off!

So, I finally got this into service. Come to find out this is a known issue with hot areas. Being we are in S FL they are seeing their share. The plastic cover deforms and the rubber seal presses out of shape. The adviser didn't think they have revised the part yet but was uncertain. They are just replacing them as needed. She did say she has seen some warp so bad the plastic completely pops off!

Wow, great.... Thanks for sharing.