Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gummifledge Safe for Tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have ceramic tint on all windows of my model 3. Last year, a few months after I had tint installed, I noticed that there was a small area that had bubbled up on the front driver side. I’m not sure why or how it happened but the tint shop replaced the tint and it’s been fine since.

I’m in the habit of putting Gummifledge on my door deals on all of my cars (though I’ve never had aftermarket tint before). I wonder if this may have caused the tint to peel/bubble. I had applied this at some point on the seals. That being said, didn’t notice it on any of the other windows.

My question is: is gummifledge safe to use with tint and has anyone else had issues with tint damage when using seal lubricators?

Thanks in advance.

I never put the 2 together, but I have had some tint separation issues on the tops of the 2 side windows on my now sold Mercedes SLK. It only happened on those 2 locations, and I happen to have used the Gummifledge on those seals that contacted them.

ive been using gummipflege on my 3 without a problem. didnt even know that was a thing outside of germany.
I first heard about it 13 years ago. I was active in the Mercedes R170 (SLK 230 Kompressor) forum. My wife's car at that time. It was recommended to treat the seals on the vari-roof. Stop the squeaks and extend the life. Great stuff. I have used it an all of my cars since. I apply it annually in the spring.

That's where I also learned about DuPont Krytox.

I think I got it from Amazon.

I first heard about it 13 years ago. I was active in the Mercedes R170 (SLK 230 Kompressor) forum. My wife's car at that time. It was recommended to treat the seals on the vari-roof. Stop the squeaks and extend the life. Great stuff. I have used it an all of my cars since. I apply it annually in the spring.

That's where I also learned about DuPont Krytox.

I think I got it from Amazon.
Everything stated, same here.

Reactions: rpiotro
I spoke to tint manufacturer's customer service line. They looked up the Gummi Pfledge though there weren't any specific chemicals listed. They recommended not to use it to be on the safe side. I won't be using it moving forward. I hope that's helpful.