Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tint East Bay Area, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting here as well I'll need one in the next few months. Recs appreciated!

I've been trading emails with Mum Sports, who is on these forums. Dude seems to know his stuff, pretty quick on responding too. This isn't an endorsement as I haven't even taken delivery of my M3 yet, but it's a place for you to start your research. We could trade notes...

I got my Model Y tinted at Distanting (instagram name), one my friends referred me to him. He charged me $120 for 50% ceramic windshield. I had the rest of the car done elsewhere, they had quoted me $350 for the windshield lol I passed and glad I found this guy. Heres a shot in my garage. Im gonna take my MSLR there if I ever get it lol.

Attachments

• modelytint.JPG
    modelytint.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 380
If you don't mind going to Fremont, the top guru for all Tesla wraps, coatings, protection, etc is Joe at OCDetailing (www.bayareadetails.com). The most experience, really OCD. Not cheap, but IMHO worth it. Search these forums, go to You Tube and see his videos, etc.

YMMV.
OCD just quoted me(3M Crystalline) $500 for all side windows, $500 windshield, $800 rear(one piece), and $1450 PFF(front bumper ONLY).

Their quote on the tint is not cheap but I think it's a rip-off on the bumper PPF.

It's not the East Bay but Mr Tint in Santa Clara does good work and their prices are fair.

It's not the East Bay but Mr Tint in Santa Clara does good work and their prices are fair.

I reached out for a quote to tint the front two windows on my X. They wanted $225 for the fronts for a basic tint. The price increased to $300 and $425 depending on the product you choose. I think I'm going to buy a $18 precut tint kit on eBay and give it a try myself.

I reached out for a quote to tint the front two windows on my X. They wanted $225 for the fronts for a basic tint. The price increased to $300 and $425 depending on the product you choose. I think I'm going to buy a $18 precut tint kit on eBay and give it a try myself.
I did that on my old car(Mazda) and it faded in 2-3years to a point you can't even tell there is tint applied. Just scheduled my Model 3 for all around tint(full back + windshield) XPel XR+ for $1,000.

Jet Black tint is the way to go I tinted my model S and my moms model 3 there and they did a clean job for a competitive price, they do not charge 800$ for the rear windshield like other places, they charged me like 200$ lmao!!! And it was CERAMIC!

Jet Black tint (make sure it’s the FREMONT location because I heard they are the main location and do the best job) is the way to go I tinted my model S and my moms model 3 there and they did a clean job for a competitive price, they do not charge 800$ for the rear windshield like other places, they charged me like 200$ lmao!!! And it was CERAMIC!

Jet Black tint (make sure it’s the FREMONT location because I heard they are the main location and do the best job) is the way to go I tinted my model S and my moms model 3 there and they did a clean job for a competitive price, they do not charge 800$ for the rear windshield like other places, they charged me like 200$ lmao!!! And it was CERAMIC!

Go to Jet Black tint they are the biggest tinting company in California they have 15 locations (make sure it’s the FREMONT location because I heard they are the main location and do the best job) is the way to go I tinted my model S and my moms model 3 there and they did a clean job for a competitive price, they do not charge 800$ for the rear windshield like other places, they charged me like 200$ lmao!!! And it was CERAMIC!