Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area tint shops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are so many in the Bay Area, and almost all of them do a ton of tesla’s. Which city are you in? If you just look on Yelp, you’ll probably find 1/2 dozen highly rated ones. Once you talk to a few, you’ll get an idea of what pricing is like. Also have to see what kind of tints the shop carries or offers.

What kind of tints are you looking for? Some folks also do the roof and front windshield. Try calling Jet Black Tint & Glass for starters. They did my Y in 2 hrs with pre-cut ceramic tints. All around except roof and front windshield. No complaints about their work and quality. Good luck with your search!

Mr Tint in San Jose (Stevens Creek) they have like 50 Teslas everyday going in and out for tint

I went to Mr Tint and was very happy with the job that they did on my M3P. When I had my BMW I3, I didn't do research and went to Jet Black, horrible experience there. Mr Tint might be a little bit more expensive than others but I felt comfortable with the price since they tint a ton of Teslas there. I read too many horror stories about getting a Tesla tinted and the people mess up the defroster lines, let water drip into the dashboard and among other things.

California Auto Tint - Campbell (Bay Area). Family owned/operated for over 30 years. I was referred by my neighbor who shows cars, so that really swayed my decision. Wife is nice. Husband is a little grumpy but they do a great job at a great price. I paid $850 for front (70%) and all sides/rear (30%). They used Rayno Phantom S7 carbon ceramic film.

Just had my fronts done at YS Window Tint. Amazing job and great prices. Tint right up to the edge of the window. Explained the different tints and overall great experience.

Attachments

• 20230714_183446.jpg
    20230714_183446.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 20230714_183524.jpg
    20230714_183524.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: brianbcc
I went to Mr Tint and was very happy with the job that they did on my M3P. When I had my BMW I3, I didn't do research and went to Jet Black, horrible experience there. Mr Tint might be a little bit more expensive than others but I felt comfortable with the price since they tint a ton of Teslas there. I read too many horror stories about getting a Tesla tinted and the people mess up the defroster lines, let water drip into the dashboard and among other things.
I was going to go to Jet Black, you don't recommend them? What was the issue?

I was going to go to Jet Black, you don't recommend them? What was the issue?
When I got my i3 tinted, I just went for cheap because I didn't want to spend a lot. My issue was there was a lot of dust/lint under the tint along with bubbles. The tint doesn't go to the edge on some of the side windows. This was years ago at their San Leandro shop, I think I paid $300? Also I didn't like that if I didn't have the original carbon invoice, they wouldn't honor any warranty. Not sure if that was something only that location did but I would think 2-3 years ago most decent size companies would have a database of their customers or it was just hoping people lose the invoice and have to pay again.