Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tires .... Again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes we have beaten this topic to dead on the forum but I can't seem to get my questions answered so hopefully I can get some helps here ....

I live in the (SF) Bay Area and I drive a Model S 75D. I drive to Tahoe and back monthly on Hwy 80, and charge half way up the hills, in Rocking, CA. I am thinking of putting 19" wheels and snow tires on so that I don't have to take the gas guzzler Honda CR-V (AWD with snow tires).

I was taught to use tall and skinny tires on the snow. Tesla does not recommend anything but the 245/45 stock on 19" rims. Someone on the forum posted a 225/60 tires on 18" rims for the Model S but I couldn't find that post anymore. This wheels and tires size is the same diameter as the stock 245 tires with 19" rims.

What are the 18" rim and 225 tires size that would give me the same diameter as the stock 19" tires? Tesla, Tirerack.com and all other tires stores I had asked won't touch this question due to liability. WTH?

The other issue is those damn TPS sensors. Are they really necessary? The ECU will complain and display those annoying warnings but the Model S still operate. Can these warnings be turn off likes the Audi A6?

#luppie

Nevermind .... I answered my own question using the tire size calculator from American Tires. According to the calculator, a 225/55R18 will be compatible to the stock 19" tires (see pix). I will go 65.1 mph when the vehicle displays 65 mph.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181207-105811~2.png
    Screenshot_20181207-105811~2.png
    163 KB · Views: 53