Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Pick Tires! 2020 MX LR+ - 22 inch Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have spent hours upon hours looking for the best tires for a 2020 MX LR+ 22 Inch Rim Tires and would really appreciate any guidance. Below are some key facts:
Drive in 20% rural roads, 40% highway, and 40% suburban driving
North Carolina - Rarely see snow
More of a run around car as we have a larger family sized SUV for roadtrips etc
Budget isn't of concern
I have contemplated switching to 20's but really like the look of the 22's and not sure if i could or know where to even sell used 22 inch rims

I currently have Pirelli Scorpion AS but they "seem" very loud. I do not have any comparison to know if that is how all MX's sound or if its a tire issue. I have read the most feedback on Hankook ION Ev being the best but Costco reps have told me the new Turanza EV tires are out of this world (Bridgestone paid to have costco tire reps test them in nashville at an event)... the reason why I didnt already get the Turanza's is that Costco keeps pushing back the date of which they will get the 22" in stock... first march, then may, now "we dont have a date". I am at the point where i need to replace the tires and am feeling like i should try to upgrade over the Pirelli AS but am I chasing a quieter tire that doesn't really exist? Any guidance from anyone w/ experience on a 2020 MX with 22 inch RIMS, would be most appreciated!

Thank you to the forum for answering so many questions over the past ~year!

Go to Discount Tire, 9 in your area. Run the on-line configuration tool. Pretty much the same price, but Discount Tire gives you much better support after the sale. For me, I always put Michelin on my cars.

I’d also make sure it’s an EV tire.
It was a great resource that I did check, they did not carry the Turanza Bridgestone's (probably bc the 22 inch sizes havent been released yet). They do have the hankooks and thats what i am leaning based on feedback... the Michelin 4s is also in the running, was trying to find more direct feedback.

Thank you for the reply

Upvote 0
It was a great resource that I did check, they did not carry the Turanza Bridgestone's (probably bc the 22 inch sizes havent been released yet). They do have the hankooks and thats what i am leaning based on feedback... the Michelin 4s is also in the running, was trying to find more direct feedback.

Thank you for the reply
The Turanza does look like a nice tire, it’s in stock for my MY. A 50k mile warranty too, pretty good for an EV tire. On the pricy side, but if it’s as quiet as claimed.

IMG_2916.png

Upvote 0
Check the warranty when you run a staggered size. Michelin cuts it in half.

All season tires just should be sold a meh tires. Pick the aspect where you need the most performance. Mine was wet traction. Why. It rains a lot here in Wilmington. I have never once said wow that was close when it was dry out. Mileage was not that important to me. I landed on Cross Climates. I’m not super happy with them as a daily tire. They are noisy under load. But they had the best wet breaking performance I could find. In a panic wet stop 5’ could save me a lot.

What good will an EV tire be for a performance or Plaid X? I’m. It going to be the first. These cars are really unique for their weight and power. They will eat a good set of tires just as fast as a bad set if you like using the smile pedal.

Upvote 0