Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Charger

gunthermic

Aug 20, 2020
Dayton, Ohio
So is there an actual wireless charger replacement that actually works on the After June 2020 Build MY's?

We know Jeda doesn't have a product. Taptes, is just dual USB-A not USB-C.

Looking for one that allows landscape as long as portrait charging.

GRACKLE

Oct 28, 2020
Austin, TX
So is there an actual wireless charger replacement that actually works on the After June 2020 Build MY's?

We know Jeda doesn't have a product. Taptes, is just dual USB-A not USB-C.

Looking for one that allows landscape as long as portrait charging.

Why did you say Jeda doesn’t have one? This one shipped and is on its way to me:

Jeda Wireless Pad | Tesla Model 3/Y Wireless Phone Charger

And I saw in the other wireless charging thread here that someone just received theirs today. Looks like it should work.

Airgetlam

Sep 4, 2018
Austin, TX
No wireless charger will work with an EMF case. That's what EMF is, Electro-Magnetic Frequency, which is how a wireless charge connects. If you're blocking all EMF, then nothing will get through to create the necessary charging process.

• Informative
Reactions: srlawren

EchoDelta

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2012
RootedNW.org, Seattle, Planet Earth
DOES A JEDA WIRELESS CHARGER CHARGE PHONE THAT IS IN A PROTECTED EMF CASE
In theory no, but depending on how your “emf case” is built it may let through some intensity and frequency.
(And here is a well-intentioned but risky potential black hole to off topic hell: I hope you are not really depending on that EMF case to protect you or help you with anything important )

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC