Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Third row USB-C Fake?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my 2023 Model Y a couple months ago but just tried to plug in a USB-C cable to the third row today. Strangely the cable won’t push more than half way into either plug. This is the same cable that works fine in the center console back plugs for the second row. So I know it’s not the cable.

The third row plugs are supposed to be USB-C, right? Anyone else run into this? The plug looks centered as I can see the middle metal part going across side to side in the middle. But it looks too wide. Like it goes fully from side to side which would block the cable. What am I missing? Made a mobile service appt but seems so strange. As if they didn’t actually install real USB-C chargers in there.

Picked up my 2023 Model Y a couple months ago but just tried to plug in a USB-C cable to the third row today. Strangely the cable won’t push more than half way into either plug. This is the same cable that works fine in the center console back plugs for the second row. So I know it’s not the cable.

The third row plugs are supposed to be USB-C, right? Anyone else run into this? The plug looks centered as I can see the middle metal part going across side to side in the middle. But it looks too wide. Like it goes fully from side to side which would block the cable. What am I missing? Made a mobile service appt but seems so strange. As if they didn’t actually install real USB-C chargers in there.
I’d submit a tech request to look at it. Perhaps it’s not connected or loose wire internally. It’s power only no data.