Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charging adapter for pre-refresh S - 3D print

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could not find a reasonably priced aftermarket adapter bracket to allow wireless iPhone charging in my 2020 LR S. I didn't think a 3-D printed part should cost $130-$160 so I looked to Thingiverse. I found a design that is modeled after the original Tesla adapter and uses an Apple MagSafe charger. That design, while very nicely done, does not work with iPhone 13/14 Pros because of the camera lens bump on those phones, and it did not fit well with the all-black Amazon charger I wanted to use - the charger was very slightly too deep and wide. I did a remix of that design and, after a couple of revisions, now have a design that should work for virtually all iPhones (at least it does for my 14 Pro and my wife's SE - pretty much the spectrum of sizes. Total cost: about $15 for printing filament, electricity and the charger. If anyone is interested, and has a 3D printer, look for "Tesla Wireless Charger Adapter for iPhone 13/14/pro" on Thingiverse. I think this will work on 2012-2020 Model S. I hope this helps someone.

Sorry, though, I don't sell 3D prints.

IMG_0024.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4638.jpg
    IMG_4638.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Rascoe
Thanls and I agree on the ABS. I made the one in the photo, and the previous design tests, with PLA+. I plan to see how it performs in my car, that is rarely left in the sun. If it doesn't last, I'll make another out of ABS.

This looks awesome and is very similar to what I have been looking for, and in fact recently posted asking if someone had such a file.

What do you use to edit the file with? Is your stl file editable? I was looking to create exactly the same thing but to allow a quadlock mag wireless charging head to be mounted. It's circular so would go exactly where you have the circular cutout for the magsafe charger but it'll obviously be a different size, so I'd like to change the size/shape of the hole. Wondering how it's best to do it

The stl is technically not editable, but I started with an stl file off Thingiverse and modified it in TInkercad adding solid and negative-space objects to enlarge the hole to fit my charger, and a few other mods to better fit the charger cord in the back side. If you're clever with Tinkercad, you can make a lot of mods to an non-editable stl. PM me and I'll send a link to a shared version on Tinkercad where you can undo or alter the changes I made and fine tune it to your liking.

By the way, it's been 4 monhts now and the adapter still works perfectly, even as PLA+, though my car is typically garaged so the adapter is never in direct sunlight.