Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long shot: Has anyone made a custom wireless charger in place of the OEM one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Bit of a long shot - I was wondering if anyone had made their own wireless charger in the same location as the standard one?

I have the standard one in my car but it's unusable without taking the cover off my iphone every time. I actually use a quad lock cover on my phones and was thinking about making up a cover incorporating the quad lock wireless charging head that they have.

I was wondering if anyone has a 3D printer file for the insert. I have seen a 3rd party magsafe charger here:

I note they have 3d printed the unit and it clicks in place like the original does. Has anyone else made such a unit I could have the 3D file for so I could adapt to use the quad lock adapter with?

Thanks!

I currently use this one:

I think the Ikea wireless charger that you use for parts has changed, however, and it may no longer fit the print as-is.

Previously I used this one which is sized to fit your device:

Alternatively, Instead of using a quad lock case all the time, why not put on the quad lock case only when you want to connect it to something, and use a standard case for daily use?

Thanks very much, never thought of looking there. That is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for to then adapt. Now just got to learn CAD!

Alternatively, Instead of using a quad lock case all the time, why not put on the quad lock case only when you want to connect it to something, and use a standard case for daily use?
I've always used a quadlock case, have used it permanently on as many phones as I can remember, use it for mounts everywhere and once they're on they never come off

what do people use for editing and creating 3d objects to print? I've looked at the files and they are great but I'd like to edit them to change the mounts for the charger I want to use, which would basically involve changing the diameter of the hole in that design