Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wohoo thanks everyone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to everyone who provided their valuable inputs. I got the partial premium standard model yesterday. Wow its so cool. Now I have to do next steps, safety inspection and XPEL on front side.

I picked up car in Devon, PA. Do people have any suggestions on where to get the safety inspection done? Apparently Tesla dealer won't be doing any safety inspection as they are not licensed in PA.

Any inputs on XPEL is really appreciated

Any suggestions on PPF please, is it worth to get it? I never got one done on my old vehicles. I got a quote of 1800 dollars just for front wrap. Not sure if its worth it :(
I don't think it's worth it. For the price of a full wrap you could probably repaint the car. I guess it's a question of convenience, how long you plan to keep your car and how good you want it to look with age? My own feeling is that if you are careful about where you park and you don't live in a place with lots of rocks flying around the wrap is only so it looks new forever. But, my plan is to simply have the whole car painted if it starts to look bad 10 - 15 years from now, assuming I keep it that long. Touch up paint will take care of a lot little spots. Also, PFF, won't prevent dents, just minor scraps, sun damage, and rock chips from what I understand. Might be more useful for someone that can't garage their car.

OK, update, according to another poster, you can't get as good a paint job as factory for the price of PFF. I'll give that guy a pass and say that's probably true, BUT, even an OK paint job will probably last quite a few years. It's really a question of how long you plan to have the same car and what you want it to look like while you have it.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone would order it either and that is exactly why it is priced as such.
I've only owned ONE base model in my life and it wasn't worth the savings from the next step up. The feature range must be a curved function of some kind. I will say the manufacturers seem to adding more and more features to the min. these days to jack the price up. My first new car (not a base model) didn't even come with AC, that was an "upgrade". Do any cars come without now?

Out here in California it is $800 for a front wrap. The bumper, 50% of hood, mirrors, lights and more. I think it is worth doing. I have 13k miles with zero rock chips. My wife did not get a front wrap. Her car with 8k miles has several small paint chips. Imagine in 5 years what it will look like! I had front wrap on my 2013 Model S. With 90k miles on it, the wrap saved me from rocks and more.

BTW, just the headlight is $1500. Get the $800 front wrap.

whew- you could repaint a good chunk of the front end for that price

And then you'd have a car that's been repainted come trade in. PPF won't prevent all scrapes, door dings and rock chips but does help out in a lot of instances. Saved our MS a few times from a paint scrape and both of our cars are wrapped. Some guys kid opened their door right into my husband's car with both drivers there when it happened and paint was fine. The guy was shocked it didn't damage the car as he heard the car door hit our car. Husband said he had a bunch of questions and spent a few minutes talking to him about Xpel.

If you don't care if your car gets rock chips on the bumper and hood, then no need to get clearbra on it.

Also remember that the Model 3 uses steel in many areas...

Tesla Model 3's body structure is a strategic blend of aluminum and ultra high-strength steel diagrams are zoomable.

Bjorn's video where he tests the car with a strong magnet:

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who provided their valuable inputs. I got the partial premium standard model yesterday. Wow its so cool. Now I have to do next steps, safety inspection and XPEL on front side.

I picked up car in Devon, PA. Do people have any suggestions on where to get the safety inspection done? Apparently Tesla dealer won't be doing any safety inspection as they are not licensed in PA.

Any inputs on XPEL is really appreciated

My T3 MR is in the detailers right now getting prettied up.
For the clear bra i got this package:

*Premium Plus Package Includes: the full hood, full fender, front bumper, side view mirrors, door edge guards, headlights, door handles, rockers, and half A-Pillars - $2,200

In addition, I'm getting windshield protection windows tinted and ceramic wrap all around. Almost 5 grand worth.

But here in Aridzona we have rocks flying everywhere. We've both had our windshields replaced several times and patched a few times. It pays to buy as much protection as you possibly can.

Always seems to be a lot of road construction in my area, so I'm getting the car wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Plus. Also, if I wanted to get my front repainted by a Tesla approved body shop, I would have to wait over 3 months for an appointment opening.