Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I need to supercharge if traveling total of 182 miles both ways? (2023 MX)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I make frequent use of the voice command 'show superchargers' when I am on a trip. Makes it easy to see all superchargers to your destination, how busy they are, and usually lets me plan a couple different locations to charge as I start getting below 1/3 'tank'.

Charging is super fast at 20-50% so only takes a few minutes to add quite a bit of charge. Many/most superchargers are right off the highway so you don't lose hardly any time adding a little more charge and that way I always feel comfortable that I will reach my destination. Select 250kw chargers and you can add an extra hundred miles in the time it takes to check your emails.

As far as feeling unsafe at a supercharger, the only one that has ever creeped me out was Oakland, CA. Sketchy.
Thank you for the suggestion on voice command and for the info on charging time. I guess it's not as bad as I was expecting in terms of charging time and safety haha. Thank you again!

MYXJ_20230721104134633_save.jpg

Thank you again to everyone on TMF for helping me and giving me a peace of mind on my mini work trip. ❤️

Just sharing here, can you believe I have another issue lol. My left front headlight stopped working today 🤣😭. I've scheduled a mobile service already for next Wednesday so hopefully they are able to fix it before my mini trip. (I got the car about 4 months ago.)

Not sure if it’s been said already but you can just enter the destination in the car and it will give you the estimated charge at the destination as well as estimated round trip charge. You can decide for yourself if that’s a comfortable number or not. As long as you don’t drive 80+ mph the whole way, the estimate should be pretty close.

• Love
Reactions: maytaurustiger
Not sure if it’s been said already but you can just enter the destination in the car and it will give you the estimated charge at the destination as well as estimated round trip charge. You can decide for yourself if that’s a comfortable number or not. As long as you don’t drive 80+ mph the whole way, the estimate should be pretty close.
Thank you for the info! I'll try that to get an idea and will try to stay below 80 mph. Thanks!