Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Womp Womp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to pickup my LR AWD vehicle today. After an hour drive to the sales office, I met my assigned salesperson who took me through all the paperwork. When finished he left to get the car, came back ten minutes later telling me Service was trying to fix the driver's window which wouldn't work. He asked me to come back in four hours. I didn't want to go home so I wandered around town. Two hours later he called saying they had to order a new motor for the window, and that the car couldn't be fixed for eight days - would I like to pay for the damaged car and take it away and come back for a service appointment or just wait to pick it up. I don't think you should start out with a broken vehicle after putting down $60K, so chose to wait. I wish I had the present of mind to ask if another similar VIN was available. Part of me wants to push the eight days to ten so the sale has to get pushed to next quarter.

Sorry that happened to you but stuff does happen. Doesn't exactly sound like the car was "damaged" but a faulty part but I wouldn't worry about it. Frustrating and not the best start to your ownership for sure. When we bought our Model S we had a charging port that had an intermittent issue. Found out driving it home when we stopped to charge and couldn't. Brought it in to service which fortunately was still open and close by and it worked for them at first but during subsequent attempts the problem showed up. Had to leave it on Saturday and was fixed by Tuesday I think. No problems with the car since then.

Yes totally agree these things happen. I think the only thing I'm truly disappointed with is the fact that they called me the day before to insure I had the money and title for the trade-in but didn't bother checking to insure the car was fully checked out and ready.