Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Won't sleep while on Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my M3 won't sleep when it's connected to my Wall Connector. The inactivity counter on the iOS widget never gets above around 15min and I lose a mile of range every 1.5 hours or so. It sleeps just fine not on the Wall Connector. Any ideas?

No Sentry mode, cabin overheat protection or 3rd party apps.

Does the widget update without opening the app? My widget is not super accurate when I'm charging at night. If I don't open the app it'll show last seen 8-10 hours ago when I first open the app and takes a few seconds to update.

Does the widget update without opening the app? My widget is not super accurate when I'm charging at night. If I don't open the app it'll show last seen 8-10 hours ago when I first open the app and takes a few seconds to update.
It does but I’m not sure how accurate. But, widget aside, it still doesn’t seem to be sleeping when connected to the Wall Connector. If connected to the Wall Connecter I open the app after 2 hours it’ll say last seen like 10min ago before connecting. If I do the same not connected to the Wall Connector it’ll say last seen 2 hours ago. And the battery drain doesn’t happen when not connected.

So here's what I found out... the widget (android) pings the car every so often. Here's how I know, and y'all can try it, if you have the Tesla widget on your home screen, reboot your phone and do not hit the widget or the Tesla app. Within a minute or so, the widget will come alive and ping your Tesla. I don't know what the ping cycle timer is set at, I just know that it pings my Tesla regularly via my wifi.

After reboot - no Tesla icon at top of screen - time 10:41:

Boot1.jpg

Then after a minute or so, the Tesla icon appears, meaning it came alive and pinged my Tesla:

Boot2.jpg

Last edited:
So here's what I found out... the widget (android) pings the car every so often. Here's how I know, and y'all can try it, if you have the Tesla widget on your home screen, reboot your phone and do not hit the widget or the Tesla app. Within a minute or so, the widget will come alive and ping your Tesla. I don't know what the ping cycle timer is set at, I just know that it pings my Tesla regularly via my wifi.

After reboot - no Tesla icon at top of screen - time 10:41:

View attachment 918831

Then after a minute or so, the Tesla icon appears, meaning it came alive and pinged my Tesla:

View attachment 918832
Great info. But is there any reason it’d act differently whether it’s connected to a Wall Connector or not?

Reactions: Jsch223