Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wood trim covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be first change when new car arrives is there a favourite? Stick on or complete replacement, any problems with rattles?
wondering if will need to spend a couple of hundred or if cheap ones any good

if cost a lot to do then maybe worth considering going for white interior and kill two birds..lol

Back in 2020, I put a cover over the dashboard wood in our Model 3. After 6 months it completely warped and no longer covered all of the wood. The manufacturer (RPM Tesla) refused to do anything about it so I ended up removing it. The adhesive removed bits of the wood with it and ruined the wood underneath. I ended up using one of those wood crayons that you can buy to hide scratches on wood furniture but you can still see where the wood chipped off if you look carefully.

My advice: If you absolutely can't live with the wood, look for one of the kits that replaces the entire part and not just a cover.

I just checked out Hills and really like their designs. Also, look like high-quality products. Is an affiliate code for a discount available?
I just checked. They didn't offer a discount code haha. Just the affiliate link. Let me try emailing them. Pretty sure I can't link it here so you'd have to check out the YT video. Yeah. just washed the car today and the dashboard looks great. I realized that my dog scratched it but you can't really tell unlike vinyl.

Reactions: freed0m
I just checked. They didn't offer a discount code haha. Just the affiliate link. Let me try emailing them. Pretty sure I can't link it here so you'd have to check out the YT video. Yeah. just washed the car today and the dashboard looks great. I realized that my dog scratched it but you can't really tell unlike vinyl.

I'm guessing you don't live in Arizona? I'm worried about getting their cover and then having it peel after a year in 150 degree heat