Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

would changing interior to white expedite my delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order for a white exterior black interior P3D+ was accepted on 6/29 with a Fremont delivery cash deal. I’m a non owner with a 4/3/16 deposit date. I have an August to October delivery estimate. I’ve heard the white interiors are getting delivered sooner than black. Do you thinking making a change would expedite delivery?

My recommended advice for you is to just sit tight.

Estimates mean nothing. I had my dates changed multiple times and I get a call telling me if I want the car TOMORROW.

It’s like trying to change lanes when traffic is already stopped.

Unless you want white.

Elon is going to put his mom and kids to work to squeeze out every delivery by end of Sep so won’t be much longer no matter what you choose.

No. First of all, making a change may bump you to the back of the line. Also, look at the tracker. Out of all the performance models who have received a VIN so far, 14 have had black interior and 9 have had white. I didn't count, but by looking over the orders, it looks like its about 50/50 that ordered white vs black, so if anything black has the advantage right now in speed to get your VIN. Definitely not worth switching if your only intention is to get your car faster. If you actually want the white interior, that's a different story.

I changed my order that I made on 6/29 the night they sent the email about white interior (7/23). I really wanted white anyway, but with the thought that it's the dual motor, $1500 more for the white color plus I'm getting the rim upgrade, they "may" prioritize for margin reasons. I feel like they are getting more non performance dual motor orders than they expected. Just a guess.

No. First of all, making a change may bump you to the back of the line. Also, look at the tracker. Out of all the performance models who have received a VIN so far, 14 have had black interior and 9 have had white. I didn't count, but by looking over the orders, it looks like its about 50/50 that ordered white vs black, so if anything black has the advantage right now in speed to get your VIN. Definitely not worth switching if your only intention is to get your car faster. If you actually want the white interior, that's a different story.

Agree with "No" -- but check your data more finely. According to the spreadsheet, zero PP with black have been made; zero P with white have been made. OP wants a PP, so there is a make-able argument for switching to white.

(I wouldn't do it -- but it's arguable.)