Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you pay for a la carte options in model 3?

If Tesla offered a la carte options which would you most likely buy if reasonably priced?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I feel the price tag for FSD that includes all of these options is way overpriced and personally I would rather choose to pick options than to be committed to all or nothing. My hope and thought that maybe someone from Tesla would maybe see this and implement it to us (the consumers) soon. I would think it's a possibility since they kind of did this with making stealth cars (unfortunately not as easy to acquire). They have the option for purchase of the heated seats which is just a feature they unlock so I would't see how this could be any different. Let people choose what they want. Tesla makes more money, and the consumers are happy to be able to choose what they want. Everybody wins! (if anyone higher up with the ability to make this happen reads this please don't kill us with overpricing these and future options). =)

All comments, thoughts and opinions are welcome!

(If thread is in wrong section or poll is already created please feel free to move it)

• Love
Reactions: QS01
Completely agree! I had been thinking this exact same thing for a few weeks now — how I wish they would separate out the FSD package options. 7k is a lot to dump out for it .. especially after the sale of the car when it’s not in you payments.

I can see autopark (mostly for my GF, who is awful at parking), but I think FSD is still too much vaporware. As for summon, there has been one time in my life I would have liked to have it, so not really worth it. But the autopark would have to be fairly cheap for me to justify it, $2k at max.

I would pay for auto lane change. So annoying to have it disable when I need to change lanes. Not $7k annoying but definitely annoying. Not sure what I would pay for it. $500 maybe? Still seems high to me though...

I definitely agree with all of you! I'll add a poll option of lane change with auto pilot option. To break down the options of what we can choose from not only would give more or less value to each car, but give a potential buyer/seller more satisfaction of what they are getting for their money. I personally had to really think and evaluate for a fairly decent time before making my decision on which model to get prior to pulling the trigger on the purchase.

I believe the input from all of us is a fairly reasonable request that Tesla can easily accommodate towards us. In a business sense it would maximize profits with minimal work and make a easy ROI. Then at the same time they can think about the overall satisfaction and further instill faith in being a company that listens to their consumers deliver these options to us and future owners and again keeping these prices fair and reasonable so people can rationalize their investment in these options and future options.

Last edited: