Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrap or Tint First?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The place that I want to get my car wrapped doesn't carry Spectra Photosync for tint. As a result, I plan to get my car wrapped in Xpel Stealth in one place and then tint in Spectra Photosync in another.

This is my first time applying PPF or tint to a car. Should I wrap or tint first?

Also, is it really necessary to get ceramic coating? Asking since all of these addons are really adding up.

Either. Tint and wrap won't intrude on each other so whichever first works best for scheduling is the way I would go. Having said that, since you mentioned cost, have you looked at Llumar CTX or Suntek CXP tints? They are better priced and I personally dislike the blue-ish hue of the Photosync tints.

Wrt ceramic coating, you can DIY if you want to save money. I prefer old-school sealant and wax versus ceramic coating. But my wife hates washing cars so I applied CarPro Cquartz UK on hers and it turned out great. It seems to repel dust better than sealant or wax and it's so easy to wash.

Either. Tint and wrap won't intrude on each other so whichever first works best for scheduling is the way I would go. Having said that, since you mentioned cost, have you looked at Llumar CTX or Suntek CXP tints? They are better priced and I personally dislike the blue-ish hue of the Photosync tints.

Wrt ceramic coating, you can DIY if you want to save money. I prefer old-school sealant and wax versus ceramic coating. But my wife hates washing cars so I applied CarPro Cquartz UK on hers and it turned out great. It seems to repel dust better than sealant or wax and it's so easy to wash.

I haven't seen Llumar CTX or Suntek CXP in person yet, but I'll definitely take a look!

Also, thank you for sharing the tip about doing the ceramic myself. I'm seeing shops charge 1k+ for ceramic coating, so I was thinking of just sticking to getting PPF and tinting.

Wrap ASAP. You’ll prevent paint chips. Tint can come later, especially since summer is behind us.

Ceramic is like a semipermanent wax that gives more shine and makes washing easier.

You might want to search around more for a place that’ll do everything you want. They’ll probably give you a package discount and it’ll reduce the time your car is at the shop a little.

Wrap ASAP. You’ll prevent paint chips. Tint can come later, especially since summer is behind us.

Ceramic is like a semipermanent wax that gives more shine and makes washing easier.

You might want to search around more for a place that’ll do everything you want. They’ll probably give you a package discount and it’ll reduce the time your car is at the shop a little.

Thanks for the helpful advice! I'll try asking if I can get a package discount.

My plan was to wrap the car as soon I picked it up, but it came with a scratch and a few paint defects. It's been stuck in service for a few weeks now. :(

It would be a shame to have the tint done first and while they are working on the car scratch the paint....I'd go with wrap first if it has to come down to it. BTW in the same situation as you with car in popup and now missed two appointments with our detailer to have the wrap and ceramic done--one appt. at beginning of month and one that should have been today. :( No idea now when the detailer will get me in.