Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrap the Cybertruck | Navy Working Uniform Type III

Cam-oh or Cam-no?

• Hooyah!

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • I want to be seen not unseen...

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • All I see are Cybertruck wheels?

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are some very good options strategies being discussed here and for each train of thought, the rebuttal or shall I say, the counter scenario where each approach could yield less has also been given.

I think this is natural, as there is no bullet proof way of constantly making money. If there is, people ahead of us already figured it out and flocked to it, thus rendering the approach meaningless.

The bottom line is each approach could fail, then why over thinking it so much? there is still a very simple way by leveraging up using option. When you believe the stock will go up, then buy call, when you think it will drop, buy put.

Of course it is the timing, but if you stick with this forum long enough, the collective wisdom on this board can enable you to start to have a pulse of how the TSLA stock will behave in the mid to long term.

And since TSLA will go always up mid to long term, otherwise we are not going to hanging around there, then it becomes buying 1 year out or LEAP call. That's it. Wolla!!

Hey Bill, wrong thread but I'd be interested where you guys are talking about $TSLA!

yes sir. Love it

When I get my Cybertruck - I will park it next to this USMC ICE HumVee and retake this picture.

I wonder what my Devil Dog friends say o_O

20200918_065011.jpg

I just looked up what a Line X coating looks like, that would look tough! Any thoughts what kind of camo wrap you'd be after. Happy to experiment to see what people have been wondering for their future truck.

Not the digital but more of the old school jungle camo

I recently saw a truck driving around in my area that had an orange background with brown trees without leaves. Looked a lot like the Real Tree brand camo case you can get for a I Phone

I get the desire to individualize one's vehicle, and this pretty cool.

That said, I look at wraps on the Cybertruck as counterproductive. Added expense with increased maintenance. When that wrap gets scratched or damaged it will carry with it a considerable cost to repair. The Cybertruck has no paint to protect and it's stainless steel is significantly stronger than regular steel or aluminum.

But...to each his/her own.

Dan

Reactions: kayak1
. Added expense with increased maintenance

What added maintenance? Once applied, wraps and dips are essentially maintenance free.

. When that wrap gets scratched or damaged it will carry with it a considerable cost to repair

Hardly. It would have to be a huge scratch or tear to even be visible. And if it's a scratch or a tear that needs to be repaired, you just peel off that one panel and re-apply for a fraction of the cost of the original wrapping job. And some wraps are self-healing as well with a heat gun or even hot water.

What added maintenance? Once applied, wraps and dips are essentially maintenance free.

Hardly. It would have to be a huge scratch or tear to even be visible. And if it's a scratch or a tear that needs to be repaired, you just peel off that one panel and re-apply for a fraction of the cost of the original wrapping job. And some wraps are self-healing as well with a heat gun or even hot water.
Yes, I'm aware of the protective properties of PPF. I have it on my Model 3. It has done a great job protecting the paint. It has taken a bit of a beating over the 2 years since I have had it. In order to return it to it's original condition would mean replacement, which involves a cost, even if you do it yourself. A heat gun will indeed repair minor scratches but that depends on the film and the level of damage has to be very minor to have a positive effect.

Don't get me wrong, PPF is a great product and I would do it again if I weren't getting a stainless steel behemoth like the Cybertruck.

Dan