TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Writing posts on iPad?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by kirkbauer, Nov 29, 2015.

1. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

Sometimes this happens (my previous post) and sometimes it doesn't (this post), but when it happens on my iPad (Air2, latest iOS) it is annoying.

Basically I click in this text field, type one character, then my keyboard goes away. I click in the field a second time, type a second character, and the keyboard goes away again, and so on.

I try scrolling, zooming, splitting/unsplitting the keyboard, and eventually it stops happening, but I'm not sure which of those fixes it, if any.

2. fwgmills

fwgmills Member

This sometimes happens to me also, sometimes not. Although it hasn't happened in a few weeks. Could be server side. I typed this reply on my iPad Air 2 with the latest iOS.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

99% of the time I read and post on TMC using an iPad and Tapatalk. I have also experienced what you describe, but not after just one character, it happens while I am typing fast and am well into composing a post. I don't know if it is a Tapatalk bug or if my fingers are hitting something they shouldn't. Can't figure it out. I do find that if I slow down and type more carefully it doesn't seem to happen.

4. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Try going into "advanced" (button at bottom right under the text box) when that happens. Also I tap the screen at the next line down from where it starts (before I start writing anything) - you'll see the size of the cursor change. No idea why these things work/help.