Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong timezone for TOU in charging stats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who has entered a schedule for a time-of-use electricity cost in the Tesla app? I noticed that even though I only charge between midnight and 6AM (super off-peak rate) the app thinks that I start charging the previous day. Apparently the timezone it uses for determining the rate is incorrect.

I'm certain something is wrong as it registers some kWh of charging the day before I charge (I only charge once per week so quite sure about this). It's showing 9 kWh the previous day which would be one hour. Maybe it's confused by daylight savings time.

Anyone who has entered a schedule for a time-of-use electricity cost in the Tesla app? I noticed that even though I only charge between midnight and 6AM (super off-peak rate) the app thinks that I start charging the previous day. Apparently the timezone it uses for determining the rate is incorrect.

I'm certain something is wrong as it registers some kWh of charging the day before I charge (I only charge once per week so quite sure about this). It's showing 9 kWh the previous day which would be one hour. Maybe it's confused by daylight savings time.
same here the app shows 32% peak charging (increasing) and I only charge off-peak (9pm-7am)

Anyone have this problem pop up again? My TOU shows charging at 37% at peak hours when I only schedule charging for off peak or mid peak.
Yes, came back like clockwork this year again. My TOU schedule is correct, gateway is on the correct time (based on home use time stamps), but charging stats are logging an hour early and categorizing as mid-peak when it should be off-peak.

I know SDG&E used to actually be out of sync with DST changes for a couple of years after they changed the dates we change our clocks. The TOU rates would stay on standard time until the old switchover date in the spring and vice versa in the fall. I'd have to actually change the timer in the EVSE to compensate, so I used to just start at 1AM rather than worry about it. However, they finally fixed that.

I know SDG&E used to actually be out of sync with DST changes for a couple of years after they changed the dates we change our clocks. The TOU rates would stay on standard time until the old switchover date in the spring and vice versa in the fall. I'd have to actually change the timer in the EVSE to compensate, so I used to just start at 1AM rather than worry about it. However, they finally fixed that.
Not fixed for me. Having to start charging at 1:00a instead of 12:00mn in order to have entire session logged on a single day.

Have you tried checking your Charge Stats and updating your charging plan details in the app? I noticed that even though the pulldown for my electricity provider plan is there and for the most part the details are correct for my TOU rate plan, I noticed the rate was like a cent off and they didnt split my summer months peak/mid peak rates between weekdays and weekends correctly so I had to update that. I think the Tesla keys off of what your have under your power plan set for "off-peak" and "super off-peak" hours when charging so that is why you may have that inconsistencies to ensure it is set to the correct off-peak and super off-peak hours.