TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB: 2-21 " Silver Turbines for Model S

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by bart513, Jul 29, 2016.

1. bart513

bart513 Member

I bought a set of 4 over the winter (private sale), put them on a few weeks ago for the first time and felt a slight shake. SC said 2 of the wheels are bent! I can't find the phone number of the MS owner that sold it to me so I"m looking for a set of 2 to replace the 2 bent wheels.
    Thanks!!!

2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

Consider talking with a local wheel shop. A good wheel shop can re-round them for you and it will likely be a lot cheaper than buying 2 more.

3. bart513

bart513 Member

Thanks. Idk if it's true but the Tesla SC told me that getting them fixed (which they don't do) they may not be strong enough and might crack?

4. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

I don't have any experience on these rims specifically, but that is a legit concern on this type of rim in general. If it were me, I would go by and ask them, if they say they think they can then try the repair and if a wheel cracks, it's no loss because you were going to replace them anyway.